We're taking registrations for upcoming classes now!
- 10 weekly 45-minute classes teaching a new song collection every fall, winter and spring, (there are 9 song collections plus 3 shorter, 6 week summer compilations).
- "Music Together At Home," Helping Your Child Grow Musically:, a complimentary DVD for families new to the Music Together program which explains much of the basic philosophy of Music Together and contains many great suggestions on how to get the most out of the program both at home and in class.
- A new professional recording each semester with new songs, rhythm chants, play-alongs and tonal and rhythm patterns. Two copies, one for home and one for the car!
- A beautifully illustrated songbook which includes lyrics and music to all the songs as well as family activities and suggestions on how to enjoy the music at home.
- A semi-annual family newsletter and informative national website.
- Parent education to help adults understand and enhance their child's music development.
- Up to two make up classes per semester, subject to available space.
- Access to "The Family music Zone"
The Fall 2017'semester begins on Sept 11th, is 10 weeks long and features the "Bongos", songs collection. As always classes will include singing, dancing, rhythmic chants, small and large movement activities, and instrument play. These activities are presented as informal, non-performance oriented musical experiences developmentally appropriate for children and easy for parents and caregivers regardless of their own musical ability.
Below is our schedule of upcoming classes. See our calendar page for current & individual class schedules.
All classes run based on enrollment. There is a minimum number of students needed and therefore classes can not be guaranteed to run until that enrollment has been met. Whenever possible please select a second choice from the classes listed.
Mixed Ages, (ages 0-5 years)
This is the essential Music Together class, one that a child can attend from birth through age four through all nine song collections. This basic class follows the recommendations of child development researchers—grouping children of a variety of ages because this fosters natural, family-style learning. Younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together. Each child participates at his or her own level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, watching, or exploring musical instruments. Any caregivers—parents, grandparents, nanny—can bring the children. The whole family is welcome for this important family music experience
As part of the Music Together curriculum, Music Together specialists teach weekly music and movement classes in early learning settings in cooperation with classroom teachers. Classroom teachers then follow through on the weekly sessions, adapting activities to their curriculum needs and interests. Recordings, songbooks and teaching materials are provided to each classroom and family. Children "bring the music home" for parent-child music play, sharing the songs and activities learned in school.
The Music Together curriculum provides children with the opportunity to learn music in developmentally appropriate ways; supports their cognitive, emotional, social and physical development, enhances the classroom experience, gives parents enjoyable and significant ways to nurture their children's development and enhances happiness and well being in the school community.
For more information about the Music Together In-School program click on the link . Music Together In School
FREE Demo Class
A FREE trial class at one of our locations.
Rhythm Kids K-2 (5-8 years)
Rhythm Kids K-2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they, learn multicultural drumming patterns, develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments, explore movement and dance while singing songs, play games based on music and drumming & have fun with a host of rhythm activities.